There was a time when one had to make the trek to C.R. Park in Delhi to partake in Durga Puja Celebrations and experience the magic of the festival. However, over the years, a lot of groups have go together to organize festivals in various areas of Gurgaon and it seems to get bigger and better every year.
Durga Puja Celebrations are less about religion and more about community – a core group which takes charge of organizing the festival while for a lot of others, its more about meeting long lost relatives, dressing up in new clothes, bonding with local members of the community and FOOD ( Yes, once you visit the pandals, you will realize how big a part, food plays in this festival )
Here are some pandals which you can visit during Durga Puja Celebrations this year to get Ma Durga’s blessings, feast your heart out on various bengali delicacies and enjoy the celebrations.
- DLF Phase 1 Community Center
- DLF Phase 5 – Club5 sports complex
- Sushant Lok C Block Community Center – Fb Page >>
- Sector 56 – Has a couple of pandals.
- Sun City Sector 54 – Aravali Sanskritik Parishad,Community Centre
- Sector 45 – Greenwoods City
- Sector 47 Rail Vihar
- Palam Vihar – Gurgaon Kalibari
- South City II
- Sector 14 Community Center
If we have missed any location, please let us know in the comments and we will add them here.
Some additional points to keep in mind if you are first time visitor:
- Visit early / late in the evenings as the real food action starts around dinner
- Celebrations last over 5 days the the last day ( Dashimi is usually the most crowded) – Visit earlier if you have young children or don’t like crowds too much.
- Have a light lunch so that you can feast on the delicacies over dinner.
Most importantly, have fun 🙂